As you guy know, I love a good list. I have been keeping myself sane by making lists of things I want to do when the world opens back up again. If you have been keeping up my word vomit, then you have read about my potential trips around different countries such as China, Japan, the UK, and Canada. But I think for this one, I am going to be focusing on different areas of the U.S. that I want to explore in the next few years. There is a lot to see and do in my own backyard. And I plan on dragging family and friends with me on my adventures. One of the things that I have been using to get by is WatchMojo’s Youtube channel of random Top 10’s. And I do mean random. What I was stoked to learn was that WatchMojo launched a travel channel. MojoTravels. Now, for me, here’s a channel where they have outlined great places around the world to travel. So let us jump into it. In no order, here we go.
- Grand Canyon, Arizona – There is a lot of natural beauty here. I see a lot of opportunity here for awesome photos. New Camera on deck. You can take river trips here and even go biking. Seems like there is a lot you can do here that even I didn’t know about. (https://www.nps.gov/grca/planyourvisit/basicinfo.htm)
- The Adirondacks, New York – Because of Mojotravels, I have been able to see all the great things that Upstate, New York has to offer especially since everyone thinks about the city when referring to New York. Apparently, there is a bunch to do in the Adirondack Mountains such as Buttermilk Falls, High Falls Gorge as well as the Revolutionary Rail in North Creek.
- Catskills, NY – So I have seen that Upstate New York has a lot to offer. But I was specifically looking at the Windham Bike Park. I am so into Bike Parks now. It will happen and I shall drag at least my sister and Leah. They also have great scenery. Keaterskills Falls, Hunter Mountain Scenic Skyride, and Thompkins Falls are all on my list. I shall conquer it all. And of course, the Catskill Park.
- Finger Lakes, NY – There are 11 finger-shaped lakes cross the heart of New York in this region of refreshing waterfalls, gorgeous gorges, sun-kissed vineyards, and lush forests. There are several parks that I would want to hike here. But mostly this would be where I would settle for a winter trip in a cabin or a summer trip just chilling at the lake.
- Branson, MO – I had a friend that had gone to Branson for a good time. In looking at there website, there seems to be a bunch to do for all ages. Zip lining/Canopies tours, helicopter tours, and other family fun. The website has a lot to offer. In terms of this list, this would probably be very low. It may be a bit too rustic for my tastes. (https://www.explorebranson.com)
- Universal Studios, Florida – I can see my family having a great time together. I went back in 2014. I remember that they opened the third park, Volcano Bay, at the end of May. And it was fantastic. My nephew would love the spider man ride. I plan on staying at least 5 days and getting into all three parks. I am still trying to decide if we are going to stay at the resort or not. My sister would love the King Kong ride. Leah and I need to scope out that new ride at Harry Potter World (Hagrid Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure) I also didn’t ride the Escape from Gringotts. So best believe when I make it back there, I am going to tackle everything. And I like the idea of the new Jurassic Park ride (Jurassic World Velocicoaster). This is pretty high up there.
- Disney World, Florida – It has always been my dream to drag friends and family through Epcot and the animal kingdom. Obviously, we need 7 days to complete everything. Totally looking forward to that Tower of Terror. Everyone better get ready, get on board. Let’s get it people. This will take a BUNCH of planning. I will go get some color coded sticky notes.
- SeaWorld – Let me tell y’all something about my nephew. HE LOVES SHARKS. I didn’t know that SeaWorld has rides and other things. I can imagine that this will be great thing for the kids in my family. The great thing is that SeaWorld tickets can be bought in conjunction with other parks. Such as Busch Gardens… which I am sure we will be doing as well. Good times. I’ll have to start stretching now for all the walking I am going to have to do. Although, with all the things about SeaWorld in the news in recent years… I wonder if it is even worth it.
- Busch Gardens, Tampa Bay – If you are heading down to FL to do the theme park thing, then why not stop here. It has stuff for everyone to do. I think for small kids the animal attraction is fun. My family will be there, and I’ll try and drag Leah along it will be great. Good times.
- Lake Tahoe – This was something I have been talking with friends about for ages at least in passing. Hopefully that will be soon… but there are fun things to do there all year round. Of course, more water based things in the Summer… and Skiing and Snowboarding in the Winter. If and when I get there… I will write up my experiences. Been a long time since I seen snow.
- Hawaii – All the things Hawaii. If someone told me to pack up we are heading to Hawaii… I would totally do it… and not even ask what part. I am sure that I will have fun learning and exploring not matter where I land. Leah better be ready. (There is also a Disney resort there.) I have had several friends get married there. No one has a bad thing to say about Hawaii. I will get there soon.
- Yosemite, California – Yosemite National Park is located in the central Sierra Nevada of California. I hear it has great views. And I need something new to point my new camera at. Yosemite is internationally recognized for its granite cliffs, waterfalls, clear streams, giant sequoia groves, lakes, mountains, meadows, and glaciers. I am totally ready to drag anyone and everyone with me. But again, I am going to have to do a lot of stretching to get ready.
- San Diego, California – I have recently been interested in visiting places on the west coast. San Diego pops up in my mind a lot. There is a lot that we can do on the beach, different harbor cruises… The San Diego Zoo and more. I think my sister is much more looking forward to the eats. But I am looking forward to the San Diego Museum of Art. I am ready for California.
- San Francisco, California – Heading to the home of the San Francisco treat. I am looking forward to seeing the Golden Gate Bridge. Definitely Alcatraz. I am also going to drag my sister to the cable car and out to Fisherman’s Wharf and ChinaTown. I am ready to paint the town red. Seems like a fun time to be had by all.
- Las Vegas, Nevada – It wasn’t until recently that I was even remotely interested in visiting Vegas. Most people talking about drinking, and gambling. Of which I do neither. But there is definitely more to the city. Looking forward to visiting Red Rock Canyon, the Hoover Damn and the Titanic artifact exhibit. I am a nerd by the way. Shelby American Museum btw…
- Miami, FL – Beaches… but you can do that in most of these places on my list… I like the idea of the Wynwood Walls and the Vizcaya Museum and Gardens. There is also a little Havana… which I think will be fun. Plus I hear the food is great. I am sure my sister will love that.
- Seattle, Washington – I am definitely looking forward to dragging my friends and my sister here. I mean they all drink coffee. Why not go to the birthplace of Starbucks? I am looking forward to the Space Needle, and the Monorail. I have also heard great things about the Museum of Pop Culture. Seems like there is a bunch to do. I do not see a downside. I hear that it rains a lot so I will have to plan accordingly. (https://visitseattle.org/things-to-do/sightseeing/top-25-attractions/)
- Alaska – There is so much that can be done here. Northern Lights come to mind. Dog Sledding, Glacier tours, rafting tours, Ziplining and ATV Tours as well as Bear Viewing Tours. Sounds like nothing but a good time. I have had a few family members and friends that talk about their Whale watching tours and I can just see myself doing all of the things. .
I have a lot to cross off my list… I have a few other major cities to visit… so I better start putting money to the side. Let me know… where you want to head.
Leave a Reply