So this is a going to be a short fun post. One of the great things about the interactions I have had with my people on Twitter is that in our group chat… we share a lot of information on websites where we can get merch…. usually anime related… (Great quality, good prices.) I have posted several things in the chat that gets voted on… Boxsets, DVDs, masks, throw blankets and that information what I use to determine if and when I purchase something. It is fun times. But we all know that purchasing something online from an unfamiliar website… can be dangerous in various ways. So when one of my friends/follower said she found a place that had awesome anime sneakers… we were all skeptical. For the longest time, I purchased a bunch of anime tees from several stores and remember wondering if I could get the right time of shoes to go with them.
Enter Gear Anime. I remember looking at the link like…. this has to be too good to be true. There was sooo much merch… mostly sneakers. So I decided to get the jump on some of these and potentially eat the cost if need be. But surprisingly…. there was little to complain about. So I am going to take a look at a few things that I purchased with the company… my thoughts on those… and what I may be looking to get in the future. I was the first to throw things in my cart and purchase. 2 things stood out to me when reading the FAQ’s on the website.
- The shoes are all custom made because of this the shipping time is listed as 4-6 weeks.
- They do NOT offer refunds for shoe sizes so you had better measure your feet. Keep in mind that the shoe sizes are EU sizes.
The website is pretty cool in that it allows you to search by anime. They are adding new shows and characters by the day so if you don’t see a character you like…. (Odd… but sure.) be sure to contact support and make a request. Can’t hurt. Prior to going through with the order… I read as many reviews as I could fine. Of course they had reviews on their website and they were all great. But on several other websites I saw other great things. Just great review after great review. I originally thought that these are paid reviews… or that all of them could be true. That made me more interested in finding out for myself.
So my first order consisted of 4 pairs of sneakers at $99 a piece… so $400 was a lot to drop on a site that you don’t know anything about. That I do not recommend doing. DO NOT BE LIKE ME. Anyways… if it is on this site you will get your money’s worth.
- Sanji Sneakers Diable Jambe Skill One Piece Anime Shoes – Sanji is my favorite character of One Piece. Usually here when buying merch… you can only get the main character. So this was the first time I was able to get something with someone other than Luffy on it. (Nothing Against Luffy… I love him.) but this was nice.
- Ichigo Hollow Sneakers Bleach Anime Shoes – In this particular case… Bleach has not been on the air for years. So it is harder to find Bleach Merch. (Or at least it is for me.) I was stoked about getting some sneakers to match my anime tees.
- Izuku Midoriya Sneakers Custom Deku My Hero Academia Anime Shoes – This was a fun time. I enjoyed this show and this character. So I saw no issue with getting a pair of these.
- Trigun Vash The Stampede Sneakers Anime Custom Shoes – I have not seen any merch for Trigun and Vash is great. So I knew that no one around here would have a pair of these. And don’t they look great?
I didn’t hold out a lot of hope that they would like the pictures. So to give you an idea… I ordered this on September 26, 2020 and got it on October 20, 2020. So almost exactly four weeks. Keep that in mind if you are getting a gift for someone or if you need these by a particular time. I usually laugh at this… but I got this box and it was extremely secure. There was soooo much tape on the box that no one could have gotten into it without a buzz saw. The only issue I saw was that they had stuffed the shoes in a box together and slightly wrinkled some of them…
I was pleasantly surprised by what I got. They are super comfortable. They are fantastically designed. And pretty great quality. It totally exceeded my expectations. I think they are a bit big on me but I just need an extra pair of socks… no biggie. Check out the pictures below:
- Sanji Sneakers Diable Jambe Skill One Piece Anime Shoes – Sanji, Sanji, Sanji…. Did I think that I wouldn’t look good in yellow? But nothing to complain about.
- Trigun Vash The Stampede Sneakers Anime Custom Shoes – I usually do not wear a lot of red… but this design was calling me. And what a great buy this was. Maybe I am just easy to impress.
- Ichigo Hollow Sneakers Bleach Anime Shoes Fan – Because Ichigo is one of my favorite characters… I was overly critical of these sneakers. But there was nothing to complain about. Great fit and great design.
- Izuku Midoriya Sneakers Custom Deku My Hero Academia Anime Shoes – These looked better than I thought they would. I was so impressed with not only the design but the fit.
So needless to say… this was a fantastic haul. The site was legit and I proved it to the Twitter. So if I had to rate it… I would call this a 5 out of 5. So needless to say I hopped back on the website and seeing what else they had to offer. And let me tell you guys since then… they have added so much much… and so many characters.. I’m sure there is something for everyone.
So for the second order… I didn’t think anything of it….
- Cowboy Bebop Sneakers Spike Spiegel Anime Custom Shoes – Who (if you have seen Cowboy Bebop… and don’t start with me… I have met plenty of people who haven’t) doesn’t love Spike… I wanted to hop on this because it was a new release. I enjoyed the simple design. This was more to my liking/personality. I enjoy black and white. Although the last haul was me branching out of that box. But this was so me.
- Roy Mustang Skate Shoes Fullmetal Alchemist Custom Anime Shoes – Roy Mustang is one of my favorite character. But I wanted something that was not high top. And this design is bad ass. Couldn’t turn it down.
So for this order… I made a bit of an error that I do not want anyone else to make. I used the same sizing on two different types of shoes. So I got the Spike Spiegel’s and those fit but that wasn’t surprising because they were the same style as my first order. The Roy Mustang’s were too small. I found out that it is important to view the sizing charts for each shoe type. Luckily for me… while they didn’t refund my order… they gave me a substantial discount for my next order… and I was able to reorder the shoes for almost nothing. (Does that mean it will happen for you? IDK… but I wouldn’t chance it. Measure your feet like they show you how to on the site….and use the sizing charts… these ARE NOT the same for each shoe type.) For the record… I put in the order on December 23, 2020 – January 7, 2021. Much faster than the last haul.
- Cowboy Bebop Sneakers Spike Spiegel Anime Custom Shoes – So this fit perfectly. Just like the last one. And also just like the last shipment… the design was badass and exactly how it is shown on the website. Absolutely no complaints. Again.. Gear Anime comes through again.
- Roy Mustang Skate Shoes Fullmetal Alchemist Custom Anime Shoes – After I was able to get the right size… And the fit was perfect. I loved it. I don’t normally wear white anything. I couldn’t wait and wear these out.
So for this order… I would again give it a 5 out of 5. Even with the issue of ordering the wrong shoe size… I was able to get it right. And I had no issue with it. Nothing to hold against them.
Earlier this year, I did ordered another bunch of sneakers and said that was going to be my last bunch. So this was my largest haul…. I needed more low top things… I figured this would be a good time to show off my love of the Dragon Ball series. At this point… I know what I am getting into… and what I am going to get… So there is no apprehension with this post.
- Goku Ultra Instinct Skate Shoes Dragon Ball Custom Anime Shoes – Goku was a must have for me. And these seemed pretty cool. Although… Goku has a bunch of shoes on the site. Even if these aren’t your style… I am 100 percent sure you can find something.
- Vegeta SSJ Skate Shoes Dragon Ball Custom Anime Shoes – Can you have Goku without Vegeta? These are great. I am so proud I picked them.
- Vinsmoke Sanji Skate Shoes One Piece Custom Anime Shoes – Did I mention how much I love Sanji from One Piece? He deserves some love.
- Goku SSJ Skate Shoes Dragon Ball Custom Anime Shoes – This was the form of Goku that I grew up watching and it seemed super cool. Lot of colors that I don’t ever remember wearing but this was my opportunity to incorporate
- Gohan Super Saiyan Skate Shoes Dragon Ball Anime Custom Shoes – Gohan started out as a favorite character of mine. These seem pretty cool. Add to cart.
For this haul… I really had no apprehension for this one. I sat back and waited for my order. I ordered this one on January 11, 2021… and it arrived before the end of the month on January 26th. So my guess is…. the more that you order the easier and faster it is to get to you. So again shout out to them. By now you guys know…. that everything looks exactly as it did on the website.
- Goku Ultra Instinct Skate Shoes Dragon Ball Custom Anime Shoes – These are awesome and the perfect fit. The artist for these are dope. I love this design…
- Vegeta SSJ Skate Shoes Dragon Ball Custom Anime Shoes– These are great colors. Comfortable and a great design. I love these. Can’t wait to take them out.
- Goku SSJ Skate Shoes Dragon Ball Custom Anime Shoes – These are great… that is really all that needs to be said.
- Gohan Super Saiyan Skate Shoes Dragon Ball Anime Custom Shoes – These were great and looked even better with my newly purchased Gohan T-shirts.
- Vinsmoke Sanji Skate Shoes One Piece Custom Anime Shoes – Sanji looks great on these. There was a lot of mixing and matching… I could do but the same as all the others. No complaints.
So that is it. Let me know what you think of my haul… If you see an ad from Gear Anime… you can rest assured that the place is legit. I got everything that I ordered. I got everything in great condition. Just keep in mind to make sure that you use the sizing chart that they have online. I reported it back to my Twitter family and they suggested that I write it up for the world. Not a bad idea. If you have bought stuff from Gear Anime… drop a comment below and let us see what you got. Visit gearanime.com