So as many of you know I have relocated from Atlanta to Charlotte. I have been looking forward to coming to Charlotte for various reasons. One of those reasons is being able to try new things with my bestie, Leah. (And my sister Mariah.)
The other reason is that I have been keeping close to my house the past 2 years. So this is my opportunity to head back out again and try again. Prior to moving, I went and bought a bike so that I could head out on the many bike trails. If you want to see my first foray on the Little Sugar Creek Greenway check out my other post “Goodbye Atlanta”.
While waiting to move, I made a list of all the things I plan on trying to do to make the most of this move. You guys know that I enjoy making lists. I have talked both Leah and Mariah to death about what I plan on getting out to see and do… So let’s jump into that list.
- The National Whitewater Center – One of the first things that Leah told me about was heading out the the WW Center. Apparently, it is where you can go biking, ziplining, rock climbing, the ropes course, ice skating and of course rafting. They hold many events here.. (live music and races.) They also have restaurants in the middle of it. Everything I can enjoy in one spot. Can’t wait to try that out. Look out for a post when I finally get that done. Check out the website here (https://center.whitewater.org) It is doing so well that they are planning to open two more in Virginia and South Carolina.
- The Street Art Tour – I keep hearing about how the street art around Charlotte is pretty great. I plan on heading out to see it when I get the chance. So this is meant to be a walking tour. So here’s to a healthier me. The great thing that I have noticed is that many of these are mapped out. Super important for the directionally challenged like me and Leah. LOL. Check it out here (https://artwalksclt.com/walk) (https://charlotte.axios.com/153556/the-definitive-guide-to-60-charlotte-street-murals-mapped/)
- Checking out all the biking trails – Charlotte is serious about outdoor space which I am growing to enjoy. There are so many places to bike and I am going to try them all. Leah will be there, Mariah will be there… Periodically… It will be great. Leah and I already did a portion of the Little Sugar Creek Greenway. Now it is time for everything else. LOL. (https://www.charlottesgotalot.com/trails) (https://tarheeltrailblazers.com/trails/)
- Crowder’s Mountain State Park – Leah and Mariah are the type of people that you can drag around. Hiking Crowder’s Mountain seems like a great way to stay in shape. The Pinnacle and Crowders Mountain—offer challenging hikes, towering cliffs and 25-mile views of the surrounding Piedmont. Eleven trails range from pastoral to strenuous.
- GoPro MetroPlex – Nothing like karting with friends. I haven’t done so in years. My sister is a bit of a speed demon but I am sure that we could have a good time doing something like this. GoPro Motorplex’s fleet of Rental Karts (Ages 16+) reach speeds up to 55 mph, delivering an advanced, exciting and high-adrenaline racing experience for a day of fun with friends, family or coworkers.
- Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden – It has been ages since I have headed to a botanical garden. Located within 30 minutes of uptown Charlotte, the Garden offers an oasis with gardens, fountains and more.
- UNC Botanical Gardens – More of the same.
- 101 Must Try Restaurants – Charlotte’s website has a number of restaurants that people should try while they’re here. And I think it is an excellent idea. No downside. (https://www.charlottesgotalot.com/101restaurants)
- Head over to Pins Bar – Pins seems like a cool place to hang and meet new people. From bowling to pinball to bonfire pits, you cant go wrong! (https://www.pinsbar.com/charlotte)
- Freedom Park – This park is huge. I keep hearing that there is a lot to offer. And I rode through it a bit when Leah and I went on our adventure. And it is nowhere near the tip of the iceberg.
- Charlotte Checkers – Leah would kill me if I didn’t add hockey to the list. NHL season will start soon but the Checkers season has ALREADY started. I plan on watching all the hockey with my sister and Leah.
- Carowinds – I’ll get to it eventually. It is the end of the summer almost… So I have to do the roller coasters another time. But I will try to get it done ASAP.
So I have a lot to look forward to and many memories to make. I am determined to get it all done. So stick with me as I cross these things off the list. If you have something I should add, definitely tell me. I am always looking to add to my lists.